Major League Baseball’s Opening Day is just around the corner, and Aramark (NYSE: ARMK), the award-winning food and beverage partner of nine MLB teams, is unveiling its 2019 ballpark menu highlights, full of new takes on ballpark favorites and better-for-you options. New technology and innovative concepts will debut to further drive fan engagement.
This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20190319005206/en/
Aramark, the award-winning food and beverage partner of nine MLB teams, is unveiling its 2019 ballpark menu highlights, full of new takes on ballpark favorites, like this Prime Rib Steak Sandwich, from Minute Maid Park. (Photo: Business Wire)
“Our chefs spent the off-season developing new recipes and innovative concepts to further enhance the game day dining experience for fans,” said Carl Mittleman, President of Aramark’s Sports and Entertainment division. “With a focus on quality, health, convenience and personalization, the new menu items we are introducing offer something for everyone and are sure to be a hit with fans.”
Here are some of the new menu items Aramark is introducing for the 2019 season:
- Brisket Topped Tots (Kauffman Stadium) – Tater tots, smoked brisket, white queso, BBQ sauce and green onions.
- Buffalo Chicken Topped Tots (Fenway Park) – Tater tots, Buffalo chicken, blue cheese and chives.
- Cheesy Bacon Topped Tots (Citizens Bank Park) – Tater tots, American cheese sauce, bacon, shredded cheddar jack cheese and diced scallions.
- Cinnamon Chipotle Topped Tots (PNC Park) – Tater tots, cinnamon chipotle spiced pulled pork, green & red onions and chipotle maple syrup.
- Elote Topped Tots (Coors Field) – Tater tots, street corn, zesty mayo, cotija cheese, cilantro, cayenne pepper and green chili queso.
- Loaded Buffalo Topped Tots (Citi Field) – Tater tots, blue cheese, celery, carrots and zesty Buffalo sauce.
- Log Cabin Topped Tots (Rogers Centre) – Tater tots, Canadian maple baked beans, bacon, cheddar cheese, green onions, smoked pulled pork and sour cream.
- Smoked Burnt Ends Topped Tots (Minute Maid Park) – Tater tots, queso blanco, BBQ sauce, green onions, pickles and smoked pork burnt ends.
As part of Aramark’s Healthy for Life 20 By 20 initiative, an ongoing commitment to providing fans with greater variety, choice and access to healthier menu options, Aramark continues to expand “better-for-you” options throughout the ballparks it serves.
- “32 Ingredient Salad” (Rogers Centre) – Thirty two plant-based ingredients including Brussels sprouts, kale, green cabbage, romaine lettuce, carrots, butternut squash, red cabbage, white & red quinoa, sunflower & pomegranate seeds, orange juice, honey, apple cider vinegar, garlic and more (vegan, gluten free).
- Beyond Burger (Minute Maid Park) – Plant-based Beyond Burger, served Caribbean-style, with black beans, avocado pineapple relish and Sriracha aioli.
- Beyond Sausage (Kauffman Stadium) – 100% plant-based sausage served with sauerkraut (vegan, gluten free).
- Marty’s V Burger (Citi Field) – Dedicated vegan stand.
- Original – Beyond Burger with melted cheddar “cheese”, special sauce, pickles and lettuce.
- Beyond Bratwurst- Vegan bratwurst.
- Nourish (Oakland Coliseum) – A portable concession stand dedicated to serving healthy fare, including build your own salads, rice or quinoa bowls.
- Quinoa Blueberry Salad (PNC Park) – Red quinoa, chopped hearts of palm, spinach, blueberries, cucumbers, carrots, sunflower seeds and balsamic dressing.
- Southwest Inspired Caesar Bowl (Rogers Centre) – Crisp romaine, fried tortilla strips, black beans, salsa, quinoa, chickpeas, roasted squash, guacamole, cotija cheese and poblano dressing (gluten free, vegetarian).
- Ultimate Vegetarian Burger (Rogers Centre) – Grilled vegan patty, avocado, lettuce, tomato and garlic aioli, on a potato bun.
- Vegan Lettuce Wraps (Citizens Bank Park) – Curry cauliflower, fried chickpeas and coconut milk (vegan).
Not Your Average Ballpark Dog:
- Bases Loaded Dog (Citi Field) – Nathan’s foot long hot dog, cheddar fondue, Applewood smoked bacon and green onions, on a potato roll.
- Bayou City Hot Dog (Minute Maid Park) – Nolan Ryan hot dog, smoked pork burnt ends, Rico’s cheese sauce, pickle chips, green onions and hot BBQ sauce.
- Chili Cheese Crunch Dog (Citi Field) – Nathan’s foot long hot dog, beef chili, cheddar cheese, Fritos corn chips and green onions, on a potato roll.
- Fritos Pie Corn Dog (Minute Maid Park) – Foot long hot dog, hand dipped in house-made Fritos corn chips batter, queso blanco and Texas chili.
Burgers and More:
- Artisan Chicken Sandwich (Kauffman Stadium) – Grilled or fried chicken, roasted garlic aioli, candied bacon, pepper jack cheese, heirloom tomato, lettuce, avocado and fried egg, on a split top glazed roll.
- BBQ Burger (Kauffman Stadium) – Single or double burger, melted cheese, smoked pulled pork, onion rings and Sweet Baby Rays BBQ sauce.
- Bullpen Burger (Kauffman Stadium) – Angus patty, secret sauce, lettuce, tomato and onion, on a toasted buttered bun.
- Donut Burger (Citizens Bank Park) – Fresh beef burger, cheese, bacon and spicy cherry pepper jam, on a glazed donut.
- King’s Hawaiian Pulled Pork Sandwich (Fenway Park) – Pulled pork, smoky bacon BBQ sauce, pineapple coleslaw, on a King’s Hawaiian roll.
- Korean BBQ (Kauffman Stadium) – Smoked pork kielbasa, BBQ sauce, daikon kimchi slaw.
- LBLT (Fenway Park) – Fresh lobster meat, crispy bacon, leaf lettuce and sliced tomato.
- Pittsburgh Cone (PNC Park) – Kielbasa, pierogi, Swiss cheese, sauerkraut and Russian dressing, in a waffle cone.
- Shake Shack (Citizens Bank Park) – For the first time, Shake Shack is bringing its sit-down restaurant experience to a sports venue, with seating for 120 fans, with the new Shake Shack at Citizens Bank Park.
- SmokeShack – Shake Shack burger, bacon, cherry peppers and ShackSauce.
- Shishito Peppers (Coors Field) – Crispy shishito peppers, Thai chili vinaigrette, green chili & chorizo queso.
- Tandoori Chicken Wings (Citizens Bank Park) – Yogurt marinated chicken wings, Kashmiri chili pepper, tamarind and scallions.
- Tenders Love and Chicken Signature Chicken Sandwich (Oakland Coliseum, PNC Park) – Country-style fried chicken cutlet, thick cut Applewood smoked bacon, Vermont cheddar, Roma tomatoes, leaf lettuce, house pickle, herb remoulade, on a sesame seed potato bun.
- The Champ Sliders (Citi Field) – Chef Patrick Schaeffer’s New York City Wine & Food Festival Burger Bash 2018 winning burger! Ground dry-aged beef, Millionaire’s bacon, Cipollini onion agro dolce, sharp cheddar cheese fondue, on a potato bun.
- Prime Rib Steak Sandwich (Minute Maid Park) – Sliced Nolan Ryan Beef prime rib, caramelized onions and horseradish cream, on a split top bun.
- Lamb Gyro (Minute Maid Park) – Fresh pita bread, lamb and beef, lettuce, tomato, red onion and tzatziki sauce.
- Chocolate Strawberry Swiss Roll (Kauffman Stadium) – Chocolate sponge cake, swirled with strawberry jam and white chocolate mousse, rolled in milk chocolate ganache.
- Banana Splitter (Fenway Park) Vanilla, chocolate and strawberry ice cream, banana, hot fudge, sprinkles, whipped cream and a cherry.
- Funnel Cake Poutine (Rogers Centre) – Deep fried funnel cake fries, ice cream, chocolate, caramel and marshmallow.
- Dulcinea Ice Cream Churro Sandwich (Citi Field) – Churros, salted caramel banana ice cream, dulce de leche and Oreo crumbles.
- PARTY POP Cycle (Oakland Coliseum) – Oversized tricycle, outfitted with mini freezer, selling alcohol-infused popsicles for adults.
- Shipwreck Sundae (PNC Park) – Jumbo marshmallows, coated with chocolate and a dusting of graham crackers, and ice cream, in a souvenir helmet sundae bowl.
- Stuf’d S’mores Nutella Bites (Citi Field) – Graham cracker crusted challah bread French toast filled with a swirl of Nutella, marshmallow fluff and dark chocolate chunks, topped with a maple dulce de leche syrup and toasted marshmallow.
Innovative Fan Engagement
Aramark is at the forefront of innovation and has introduced state-of-the-art amenities to further engage fans and innovate their food and beverage experience. All ballparks across the portfolio where Aramark provides food and beverage services will feature innovative technology as a way for fans to order or check out.
- Artificial Intelligent check out scanners allows fans to quickly and easily complete their transactions.
- Self-ordering Kiosks allows fans to fully customize and pay for their order using touch screen technology.
- Walk Thru Bru is an express, self-service, grab-and-go beer market.
Aramark is the proud partner of eleven Major League Baseball teams, providing food and beverages, retail and/or facilities service to the Baltimore Orioles, Boston Red Sox, Colorado Rockies, Houston Astros, Kansas City Royals, New York Mets, Oakland A’s, Philadelphia Phillies, Pittsburgh Pirates, San Diego Padres and Toronto Blue Jays.
**PHOTOS OF ARAMARK’S NEW MLB MENU ITEMS CAN BE DOWNLOADED HERE **
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) proudly serves Fortune 500 companies, world champion sports teams, state-of-the-art healthcare providers, the world’s leading educational institutions, iconic destinations and cultural attractions, and numerous municipalities in 19 countries around the world. Our 270,000 team members deliver experiences that enrich and nourish millions of lives every day through innovative services in food, facilities management and uniforms. We work to put our sustainability goals into action by focusing on initiatives that engage our employees, empower healthy living, preserve our planet and build local communities. Aramark is recognized as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE, as well as an employer of choice by the Human Rights Campaign and DiversityInc. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
View source version on businesswire.com: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20190319005206/en/
Copyright Business Wire 2019